Le Montréal JUG participe au vJUG24 , une conférence durant 24h et impliquant 24 JUGs dans le monde. Nous avons aussi la chance d’être au moment d’une keynote. Vous êtes donc privilégiés.
The Montréal JUG is part of the vJUG24 and will live stream at Oracle this talk. This is a one-time per year event and we were lucky enough to be selected! Also, we are positioned on a keynote slot.
Important: Ça commence à 19h précise. It starts at 19h sharp.
Comme ça marche: Comme un JUG normal. Sauf que le présentateur est à distance et nous pouvons (et somme les seuls lors de notre heure) intervenir à tout moment. Et nous sommes diffusés dans le monde entier.
Talk summary: This presentation covers highlights and differences in the Kotlin language as compared to Java, emphasizing some of the points that might compel you to consider moving to Kotlin. Points will be made through examples taken from the upcoming Atomic Kotlin book.
Bio: Bruce Eckel is a computer programmer and consultant. He’s given hundreds of presentations throughout the world, published over 150 articles in numerous magazines, was a founding member of the ANSI/ISO C++ committee and speaks regularly at conferences. He was the creator and chair of both the C++ andJava tracks at the Software Development Conference, was cofounder of theEnterprise Architecture Summit and JavaPosse Roundup Conferences, and creator of the Winter Tech Forum and Software ArchitectureForum. He also runs periodic DeveloperRetreats which explore various software topics. His technical blog can be found at BruceEckel.github.io. Since 2009 he’s been studying management and alternative organizational structures and periodically writes about them in his blog at www.reinventing-business.com.
- Atomic Kotlin (with Svetlana Isakova) (Upcoming)
- On Java 8 (May 2017) www.OnJava8.com
- Atomic Scala (with Dianne Marsh) www.AtomicScala.com
- First Steps in Flex (with James Ward, 2008)
- Thinking in Java (Prentice-Hall, 1998, 2nd ed., 2000, 3rd ed., 2003, 4th ed., 2006)
- Thinking in C++ (Prentice-Hall 1995; 2nd ed. 2000, Volume 2 with Chuck Allison, 2003)
- C++ Inside & Out (Osborne/McGraw-Hill 1993)
- Using C++ (Osborne/McGraw-Hill 1989)
- Computer Interfacing with Pascal & C (Eisys, 1987)
- Drinks are offered by Oracle
- Food and SWAG are offered by vJUG
** IMPORTANT **
The venue of the event is Oracle at 7 PM, with limited seats! Please make sure to attend if you register (if you register and cannot attend, please change your meetup status to free your place for someone else on the waitlist). If we have too many no-shows, we will be forced to blacklist.